By: Scott Prisco
One of my all-time favorite salads is an Asian chicken salad with peanut dressing. Most of the time salads are healthy alternatives to less healthy options. However, the issue with salads is they can be a little boring and dull at times. What I like about this particular recipe is the flavor and consistency of the zesty peanut dressing makes me forget I am eating a salad.
If you are vegan or want a lighter option you can hold the chicken and it still tastes great. Personally, I boil the chicken to make it as healthy as possible. Give it a try and head over to our Instagram: @priscottypure or Facebook: @priscottypurewellness to leave a comment on the recipe post letting me know what you think! I would love to hear from you 🙂
Serving Size: 1 Salad
Zesty Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sunnyside up egg
- 4 oz of cold sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of wonton strips
- 2 Big Handfuls of chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
How To Prepare
- In a small pot over high heat, add one medium sized chicken breast and 2 cups of water or chicken broth. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 10 minutes, the chicken should be cooked through with no pink. Remove from pot and set it aside in the fridge until cold.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with your oil of choice and fry an egg until it’s cooked through, but still has a runny yolk. Set it aside.
- In a bowl add lettuce, pumpkin seeds, wontons strips, sesame seeds, scallions, and cucumber. Top with cold chicken and egg. Follow the instructions below to create the dressing for the salad.
Zesty Peanut Dressing
- In a bowl, mix together, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, agave nectar, lime juice, fresh minced ginger, sesame oil, fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes. You can adjust the spiciness level of the dressing by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
- Add the right amount of salt and pepper to suit your liking. Personally, I use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- This zesty peanut dressing recipe makes enough for more than 1 salad so you can mix in as much dressing as you desire and store the rest in the refrigerator for another day. Enjoy!