By Scott Prisco
This delicious balanced breakfast is packed with flavor and nutrients. It combines a healthy amount of protein, carbs, and healthy fats that will satisfy your hunger and have you energized, ready to tackle the day
Furthermore, We defiantly recommend using whole grain bread as it is more nutrient-dense than other bread. On average it contains more protein, three times the magnesium, double the fiber, folate, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin b6, potassium, zinc, and beta-carotene than other bread.
The great part about this recipe is it makes enough garlic herb cream cheese for a few servings. Whatever you don’t use can be covered and stored in the fridge for future meals. This spread also tastes great on crackers and sandwiches. For long-term storage, put the leftovers in the freezer.
- 2 pieces of whole-grain bread
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 small handful of arugula
Herb Cream Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup of chopped dill, finely chopped
- 2 green onion stalks finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
How To Prepare
- Mix together the butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, parsley, thyme, dill, onion, basil, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Bake for 5 minutes, or until bread is just starting to golden, but still has a slightly soft center. Let these cool to room temperature. It’s ok if they are still a little warm when spreading.
- Cut your avocado in half, remove the pit, spoon the avocado flesh out of the shell and cut the avocado into slices.
- Spread the herb cream cheese evenly across the bread
- Lay arugula flat over the spread and Line up sliced avocado (1 half of avocado for each piece of bread).
- Garnish with a pinch of black pepper and enjoy.