By: Scott Prisco
Artichokes are one of my favorite and healthy go-to snacks. You can steam, boil, and roast them, and they will always taste great. Most importantly, they are full of nutrients! I like to roast my artichokes because it helps bring out the flavor.
Serving Size: 1
- 4 Artichokes (Squeaky artichokes are fresher!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt and black pepper
How To Prepare
- Trim the fresh artichokes. Cut off the stem and the top inch of the artichoke. Slice the artichoke in half. Use a spoon to carve out the choke. Squeeze lemon juice onto the artichoke to prevent browning.
- Brush the artichoke with olive oil, then place them flat side up in a baking dish or sheet.
- Stuff the artichoke with garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the artichoke, making sure to brush and season the entire surface.
- Roast artichokes for 10 minutes, until the edges are brown and crispy. Remove the pan and let the artichokes continue to cook. Cover the pan loosely with foil. The artichoke’s leaves will be tender and fall off easily when it is ready.