By Scott Prisco
Nothing says summer like grilling and some fresh watermelon/pineapple. Now put those things together and you got the perfect summer nosh. In addition, add some feta to balance out the sweetness. This well-balanced dish will have your pallet on the ride of the summer.
3 cups 2in x 2in cubed watermelon chunks
3 cups 2in x 2in cubed pineapple chunks
6 wooden skewers
1 (5 ounces) container feta cheese crumbles, low-fat
2 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper Sea salt to taste
How To Prepare
1. Put the fruit cubes on the skewers, alternate the fruits.
2. Brush the watermelon and pineapple cubes with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
3. Put the grille on high and cook the fruit until warmed and grille marks appear (usually 2-3 minutes per side).
4. Take off the grille and serve on a plate with creamy feta cheese dip.
1. Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy constancy.
2. Put in a bowl and serve with the grilled watermelon and pineapple skewers.
Watermelons are high in Vitamin A, 3 types of Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Carotenoids, Lycopene, and magnesium. Studies show these nutrients may decrease certain cancers, improve heart health and lower inflammation and oxidative stress.
Pineapple is loaded with a long list of nutrients that support everyday health and wellness. They contain disease-fighting antioxidants that help fight against oxidative stress. Furthermore, pineapples contain a digestive enzyme called bromelain that helps break down hard-to-digest proteins.