By: Scott Prisco
So you want to cook scallops but you’re unsure how? The best way I found to prepare scallops is to grill them and add lime and mayo sauce.
Scallops are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats that help balance your cholesterol levels. They also contain magnesium, which promote heart health as well. Magnesium is known to boost exercise performance and fight depression!
The best part about this summertime snack is that it is easy to clean up, allowing you to get to the rest of your day. It is perfect for the summer! Give it a try and head over to our Instagram: @priscottypure or Facebook: @priscottypurewellness to post a comment letting me know what you think.
Serving Size: 4
- Cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- Toasted nori sheet
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 large dry sea scallops
- 3 scallions
- 1 tsp. mild red pepper flakes
- 8 wooden skewers
How To Prepare
- Heat the grill on medium-high heat. Mix mayonnaise, lime juice, a pinch of slat, and 1 Tbsp. water in a small cup. Set it aside when done.
- Grind nori, transfer half to a small bowl and set aside. Transfer the remaining nori to a large bowl and mix with coriander, ginger, and 2 Tbsp. oil. Add scallops and toss.
- Stick 3 scallops onto 2 skewers. Putting two skewers will help you turn them on the grill. Season both sides of scallop with salt.
- Oil the grate, then place scallops on the grill so you can safely flip the skewers. Turn the scallop and allow each side to grill evenly, for about 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the lime mayo sauce onto a plate and put the scallops on top. Squeeze the lime juice over, and grate the zest on top. Sprinkle the scallions with red pepper and nori.