By: Scott Prisco
Eating after you workout is important. Understanding the right foods to eat after an exercise is important to really hone in on your goals!
While you are working out, your muscles use up their fuel source — glycogen.
Post workout, your body tries to replenish your glycogen supply and rebuild muscle. It is really important for you to eat protein, carbs, and fats at this time to get this done faster.
Your body also triggers its natural inflammatory response after you workout, which is the cause of muscle soreness and pain. I like to take our CBD powder with a glass of water to help calm down inflammation.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups of rice
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 green bell peppers
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 Tomato
- 1 onion
- Priscotty Pure CBD powder
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded black pepper
How To Prepare
- Mix all ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Add 4 cups of water and 2 cups of rice to a saucepan. When the water begins to boil, turn down the heat.
- Heat olive oil on another pan in high heat. Cook the corn and let it char for 3 minutes. Keep stirring the corn.
- Remove corn, then add bell peppers and onion. Let their chair, and stir occasionally for 10 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken breasts
- Add rice, vegetables, tomatoes and onions, guacamole, corn, cheese, and chicken to complete your bowl!
- Add water-soluble CBD powder to beverages and drink with the meal for maximum recovery.