This delicious blue spirulina smoothie bowl recipe is loaded with superfoods and fruits that are known to lower blood pressure, have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. It is easy to make and can be eaten as a meal or snack! Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
* 1 cup bananas frozen, cut into chunks
* 2 cups mangos frozen, cut into chunks
* 1 teaspoon of blue spirulina powder
* 3/4 Cup of milk of your choice
* 1/4 cup yogurt, greek, plain or vanilla
* Blueberries & Cut Up Dragon fruit for topping
How To Prepare
1. Add bananas, mangos, spirulina, milk, and yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl, top it with blueberries & cut up dragon fruit. Enjoy!
Not only is this blue spirulina smoothie bowl recipe divine, it has amazing health benefits!
Boosted Immune System- Spirulina is packed with protein, vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and antioxidants. The rich combination helps the body fight off illness and infection by boosting the production of antibodies and infection-fighting proteins (1).
Anti-Inflamitory- Spirulina is blue because it is very high in antioxidants. These antioxidants protect the cells from oxidation. They also fight free radicals and stop the production of inflammatory molecules (2).
Reduced Blood Pressure- The nutrients in Spirulina are known to boost the production of nitric oxide in the body. This tells the blood vessels to relax and thus may lower blood pressure (3), (4), (5).
To get more delicious recipes with awesome health benefits click HERE!