- by Priscotty Pure Blogger
This delicious garlic salmon with lemon butter recipe is low fat and packed with protein. The vitamin C and garlic help boost your immune system while giving the dish its rich, bold flavor.
* 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
* 4 tablespoons of butter (Try a low sodium butter)
* 4 large cloves garlic
* Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Additional lemon slices
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How To Prepare
1. Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. coat a large rimmed baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil. Arrange the salmon fillets in the center of the sheet.
2. In a small bowl with a fork, combine the butter, garlic, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mash to create a paste, then rub on the salmon fillets. If desired, arrange extra lemon slices on top. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top of the salmon.
3. Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, about 16 to 20 minutes. Let rest 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, then serve, sprinkled with additional salt and/or pepper to taste.
4. Serve over your favorite vegetables.
This garlic salmon with lemon butter recipe lemon is high in Vitamin C. Your cells need Vitamin C to stay healthy and carry out their natural bodily functions (1).
Garlic can raise the number of fighting T-cells in the bloodstream. It also contains a natural constituent called alliin, which converts to allicin, a compound believed to have antibacterial properties (2).
To get more delicious recipes with awesome health benefits click HERE!