- by Priscotty Pure Blogger
This popsicle recipe makes the perfect warm weather, poolside treat! Just looking at these makes our mouth water 🙂 Follow our blueberries & cream popsicle recipe below, we promise you won’t be disappointed!
* 12 oz Fresh Blueberries
* 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
* 1/4 Cup Water
* 3/4 Cup Sugar divided
How To Prepare
1. In a blender, add the blueberries, water, and 1/4 cup of sugar. Blend the ingredients together until smooth.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, until all the sugar has dissolved.
3. Alternate pouring the blueberries and cream mixture into popsicle molds until both have been used. You want to add equal parts in each mold.
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours, then remove from molds, wrap each popsicle in wax paper, and place in a plastic bag for storage in the freezer.
Blueberries are small but have mighty amounts of nutrients and health benefits! They are known to have the highest amount of antioxidants out of any fruit! Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals, which are molecules that damage your body’s cells! This damage can contribute to premature aging and a weak immune system (1), (2)!
In a four week clinical study where 168 people drank 34 ounces of a mixed blueberry and apple juice daily, oxidative DNA damage due to free radicals was reduced by 20% (3).
To get more delicious recipes with awesome health benefits click HERE!