- by Scott Prisco
By Scott Prisco
As fall is here, it’s time to pumkinatize one of my favorite breakfast treats, the cinnamon roll! Tis the season where pumpkin makes everything better, furthermore, these are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted so I am super excited to share them with you! They are made with real pumpkin puree so they are extraordinarily ooey gooey! Eat these pumpkin cinnamon rolls warm and your mouth will be taken to fall heaven!
- 2 and 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 standard package of instant yeast
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice powder
How To Prepare
- Warm the butter and milk together.
- Beat the pumpkin, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt together on medium and add warmed butter and milk.
- In the same bowl, beat in the egg, yeast. Add flour in increments while beating slow and scraping the side.
- Coat all sides of the dough with nonstick spray.
- Cover dough and let it double in size in a warm, airtight environment for about 2 hours.
- Knead the dough a few times on a lightly flowered surface until it’s smooth. If its sticky add in more flour.
Time To Add The Filling
- Roll dough out into an 18×10 inch rectangle and spread the softened butter on top.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and spices into a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the top.
- Roll it up tightly and cut into 11-12 pieces, about 1.5 inches each.
- Put rolls into a greased 9-inch pan.
- Cover with plastic and let rolls rise for 1.5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes, cover the pan with aluminum at the 14-16 minute mark to avoid excess browning.
Lets Get The Icing Ready
- In a bowl add cream cheese, whole milk, and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over the pumpkin cinnamon rolls once done baking and enjoy warm!