by Scott Prisco
The Mediterranean Margarita recipe is a unique twist on a classic drink. The fresh fig & thyme is nothing short of refreshing, elegant & delicious.
* 8 fresh figs
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* salt & honey for rim
* 2 oz fig syrup
* 1 1/2 oz lime juice
* 1/2 oz triple sec
* 2 oz tequila
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
How To Prepare
1. Cut the figs into quarters.
2. Add the cut figs and sugar together in a bowl. Muddle well.
3. Cover tightly and leave in the refrigerator for at 4 hours.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, get every bit of liquid possible.
5. Add honey & salt to a plate. Dip the top of the cocktail glass into the honey and then in the salt. Fill the glass up with ice.
6. In a cocktail shaker add the fig syrup, thyme leaves, lime juice, triple sec, tequila & ice. Shake well.
7. Use a strainer & pour the drink into your already prepared cocktail glass. Add thyme garnish & enjoy.
Not only is the Mediterranean Margarita recipe delicous it has awsome health benfits…
Limes contain lots of vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system! Cells in the immune system, especially the phagocytes and t-cells need vitamin C to carry out their duties. When the body is lacking in vitamin C, it has a lower resistance to colds, flu, and cancers. You are more susceptible to getting sick (1). The recommended daily intake of vitamin C is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men (2).
To get more delicious recipes with awesome health benefits click HERE!