By: Scott Prisco
As the weather starts to get warmer, it’s a great time to cut back on meat and eat lighter. Meat is harder for the body to digest than vegetables as it has to allocate more energy to this task. This takes away the energy that can be used for more fun and productive things.
Furthermore, lately, I’ve been trying to cut down on my meat intake. This Vegan Cauliflower Coconut Curry With Rice dish is a great way to get a satisfying, flavorful meal without the meat. The coconut in the curry is so refreshing, it’s perfect for spring & summer. Give it a try and head over to our Instagram: @priscottypure or Facebook: @priscottypurewellness to post a comment letting me know what you think.
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes (Usually 12-15oz)
- 14 oz of coconut milk
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 2.5 Tsp of sea salt
- 2.5 Tsp cumin
- 2.5 Tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 yellow onion diced small
- 1.5 cups of frozen peas
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- Cilantro to garnish
How To Prepare
- On medium heat, in a medium-sized pot heat olive oil and saute onions for about 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and saute for another minute.
- Add in curry, cinnamon, cumin, diced tomatoes, and salt and stir until it combines nicely with the rest of the ingredients.
- Turn heat to high and stir in the coconut milk, bring mixture to a boil.
- After it boils bring the heat back to low and cook for another 5 minutes while stringing frequently.
- Follow instructions on the back of the rice and frozen peas to prepare. Once prepared set to the side for now.
- Remove the curry from the heat and use a blender to blend the curry until smooth.
- Once blended return the curry to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and peas into the curry, turn it on low and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender.
- Pour the curry over rice, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!