- by Priscotty Pure Blogger
This delicious watermelon & tomato salad recipe is the perfect summer appetizer/side dish! It is refreshing as all get out and loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Give it a try, we promise you won’t be disappointed 🙂
* 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
* 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
* 1 modest handful of arugula salad
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/4 cup purple onion thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* salt and pepper to taste
How To Prepare
1. Place tomato, watermelon, arugula, feta cheese, and onion in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a smaller, separate bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss lightly!
Not only is this watermelon & tomato salad recipe delicious and refreshing, but it also has a wealth of health benefits…
Watermelons are high in Vitamin A, 3 types of Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Carotenoids, Lycopene, and magnesium. Studies show these nutrients may decrease certain cancers, improve heart health and lower inflammation and oxidative stress (1), (2), (3).
Brimming in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium, tomatoes are great for supporting a healthy immune system. They are also high in antioxidants like lycopene, and carotenoid which protect the body’s cells and tissues from harmful molecules (4).
To get more delicious recipes with awesome health benefits click HERE!